Since yesterday was Halloween, we made a big deal out of everything dealing with monsters, costumes, and candy. One of our activities was talking about and making a class graph of our favorite candy. Of course, to introduce some of this new vocab, I had to demonstrate it and exaggerate a lot (e.g.: Meine Lieblingssuessigkeit ist Kit-Kat. Ich liebe Kit-Kats!) But they understood pretty well, even though paying attention was difficult. Standard lesson; it went fine.
Fast forward to this morning: One of the kids came in with a little Halloween treat bag and handed it to me. I was pleasantly surprised and said thank you, and then I opened it: There was a Kit-Kat inside! I said something like, 'Kit-Kat! That's my favorite Halloween candy!'
Then this huge grin spreads over this little boy's face and he says, 'I know.'
01 November 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Aw....that just makes me smile :) Keep up the great work!~Pamela
You rock!! I think it is such a wonderful gift for these kids that they are learning a second (or third for some of them?) language so young. What cool possibilities it will open up for them. Way to be a part of that. :-)
dude! that's seriously the sweetest thing i've ever heard! i bet the kid even has a crush on you . . . not in a weird way, just in the way you do when you're a kid and you have a favorite adult. cute.
jamie
Post a Comment