21 December 2005

Back after (forced) hiatus!

Guess what? I now have Internet at home! Wireless! Here's the story: I finally got around to sending a note to other people in the building, semi-introducing myself but more asking if anyone had wifi they'd be willing to share. Of course, I offered to pay half the monthly fee and mentioned that it would be very useful for lesson planning for this overworked, underpaid first-year teacher. I got a note today under my door, including the following: "Because you are a teacher, you can jump on my wireless network. ... PS- No charge!" That's right, my wonderful neighbor is letting me use his wireless Internet access for free! Minnesotans rock, seriously.

In other news: Tomorrow is the last day of school for the semester...and I don't have anything to plan! It's like Christmas has come early this year!

And I'm flying home in 3 days. Life is good.

More frequent updates in the future, now that I have wireless Internet. :)

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Yes, Minnesotans DO rock. :-)

Welcome back!!

Heto said...

Awesome, dude! Welcome back!

And I have your present, wrapped and sitting right here next to me on my desk... email me your address and I'll send it to you at home in B-town :)