First, a school update: I will be teaching first grade next year. This is the consensus, though I have yet to sign a contract. (are they waiting for me to prove something?) It's not really what I want to do, but it's better than no job at all. Plus, I get to team with the current first grade teacher; he'll know the curriculum, and I'll know the kids. Not too bad. Until then, it's the final countdoooowwwwn! (do do do doooo, do do do do doooo!) Three weeks left with kindergarten... amazing. In those three weeks, I have to prove that they meet all the standards, prepare them for first grade, write report cards, and set up the end of the year program. Actually, I have to do that in only two weeks. Oh sh!t.
Anyway. then it will be off to Germany!! I emailed the Leucorea and tried to live with Jess, and they said no problem, but then I got shot down by the directors of the program here. I was like, the Germans said it was okay, for god's sake! How can you be more anal than the Germans? Oh well, it should be a good time. Despite the fact that the trip is not supposed to be a vacation, and I'm supposed to build a partnership with a school over there, I am so looking forward to getting out of here.
Other update-y news: Müs was just here last weekend, and we had a fabulous time. I was sad to see him go on Monday. Highlights of the weekend:
- Guinness ice cream...twice!
- Dragging him along to school and his acquiring a fan club of 6-year-olds
- (Frozen) Cheez-its
- Walking along the Mississippi
- Sushi!
- Uptown Minneapolis
- Getting stuff 75% off at Borders
- Making him illustrate the kindergarteners' weekly book
- 'The DaVinci Code'
- Ridiculing his ridiculously long hair
- 'Wayne's World'...even though I fell asleep
Excellent. Doesn't it just make you want to come visit?
As I am in school (surprise), I should go get some work done before Irish dancing. Only 3 more weeks!
3 comments:
So good to see a post from you...you've been missed! Have a blast in Germany (as I know you will)! ~Pamela
dude!
you forgot about Dimsdale the Taystee Truck!
...and my hair wasn't THAT long
mus
Your brother seems like the type who would have a fanclub of adoring six-year-olds.
And I'm glad you had a good time with him! Kevin got us a room for the wedding, so we're in the clear! At least there is an upside to having a boyfriend who travels ALL THE FREAKIN TIME!!
Post a Comment