07 November 2006

This is what I'm thinking:

(subject line a very obscure reference to a columnist in the Buffalo News)
  • Random bullet points today, folks. Sorry, but my thoughts just happen to be this short and random; it's what you get from working with 6-year-olds.
  • I was unable to vote today. Kind of pissed off about this. I had no form or combination of IDs that was acceptable. Note for future reference: Moving just before Election Day screws you over.
  • Kids were craaaaaazy today. I may or may not have grabbed one by the shoulders and physically made him sit down. (he's the one who's always hitting people, though, so maybe that makes it okay)
  • I got roped into helping kids prepare for this play they're doing on Friday and thus lost 20 minutes out of the normal half-hour we get for lunch. As if eating lunch with shouting children isn't bad enough, I had to eat in 10 minutes or less.
  • Parent-teacher conferences tomorrow and Thursday = I've left my TA in charge of the class for 2 days. Is it mean that I'm secretly thinking, 'Now you can do some REAL work for once in the past 3 months?'
  • Not as nervous about conferences as I was last year. I'm sort of feeling like: 'Well, this is your kid. [insert complimentary phrases here] His/Her biggest challenges are: [insert how kid is a royal pain here]. I'm looking forward to working with him/her over the rest of the year!' Wait, that's basically what I wrote on all the report cards...
  • Also, not as prepared as last year. Oh well. I feel like I've known these kids forever.
  • I have to go to the DMV tomorrow because their hours are 8-3.45 on weekdays and tomorrow morning will be my first time off since the beginning of September.
  • I do not like driving. I am also a bad driver and stupidly hit the corner of the garage. I've had the car for 2 freaking weeks and already have a dent in the bumper. Goddamn it.
  • Mental note: Must work on balancing my blood sugar so I don't get this cranky. Sorry, Internet.
  • On the plus side: Thanksgiving is in 2 weeks! Start fishing for bass! (obscure inside joke)

1 comment:

Heto said...

Hahahahahahahahah excellent. You've got your shirt; I wholly expect you to wear it!

And I cannot believe that Thanksgiving is in TWO WEEKS. WTF, November. What happened to the rest of 2006???