1. There are indeed people out there who like me for who I am. Those dating gurus aren't kidding.
2. Aforementioned people are crazy and obsessive. Purely hypothetical example: Sending me two emails and calling me 6 times the day after a first date.
3. If he doesn't like coffee, it's over.
4. Correct spelling in an email counts more than you think it does. At least with me. (For god's sake, don't screw up 'your' and 'you're'!)
5. Don't tell the guy you are nervous... or anything but completely cool. German honesty wins you no points here.
6. Don't be irrationally afraid if you don't know what the plan is. *cough*control freak*cough*
7. Alcohol makes things much easier.
7a. This is why the guy should drive.
8. You are not obligated to like the person back. In fact, you are not obligated to anything.
9. Ask specific questions. 'Tell me about yourself' is not helpful.
10. Ask follow-up questions. Otherwise, your date will think you are not interested in any aspect of her life.
Guess I got something out of it after all. Email or call me if you want stories... oh, how there are stories...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hmmm... this guy works for like a paper company, and he has irrelevant and bizarre anecdotes about his past for any situation.
Yeah, you were going out with Dwight Schrute.
I'll let you think about that for awhile.
mus
Dating can get really exhausting, I find - lots and lots of first dates that don't lead anywhere. But on the other hand, it's kind of fun to get out there and be able to refine your "likes/dislikes/dealbreakers" lists.
But whoa... 6 times? Yikes.
Müs- So that makes me... Angela?
Jess- Yeah, I suppose it was helpful in terms of the lists, and for the sake of experience. But the whole thing just sort of spiraled down fast, so not as much fun as I'd hoped. =( Maybe next time.
Post a Comment