07 April 2006

Adventures at The Mall

Today is the last day of spring break (apart from the weekend, which doesn't generally feel like vacation, as it instead feels like a weekend), and I celebrated by going to The Mall. Only the second time I've been since I moved out here, and I was looking forward to it; I'm not a huge shopping person, but I do get in the mood to spend some money now and again. So it was kind of a bummer when one of my favorite stores, for which I had TWO (!) coupons, had nothing good. Apparently it's that weird in-between-seasons time, and everyone is trying to clear out their winter stuff before moving in their summer merchandise. And the winter stuff is pretty well picked over. In the entire 3 hours at the mall, I ended up getting a skirt from H&M; not quite wedding-appropriate, but I can wear it for teaching.

Interesting phenomenon at The Mall: Even with an insane number of stores, I still ended up going to the same 7 or 8. Maybe I need to expand my boundaries a little.

Dreading going to school on Monday, as well as not having Internet at home. Oh yeah, my next-door neighbor (the really nice one with the wireless hookup) moved out. Sucks...looks like I'll have to go through the whole Internet provider crap after all. Until then, I'm enjoying updating my blog while housesitting and having the cat crawl across my lap every 5 minutes.

Seriously, is my life really this boring? This is sad.

No comments: