05 April 2006

And the verdict is...

...I passed, I think. The computer gave me the scores at the end of the test, but I have no reference values. So I got a 185 on reading and 190 on math, but I've not a clue what they're out of. If it's out of 200, then yay! If it's out of 2,000, then that sucks. But I think I did okay, at least on the multiple choice questions.

The interesting part came in the form of the timed essay. Timed essays are crap, because who can put together a coherent, thought-provoking essay on a given topic in 30 minutes? I write very methodically; it takes me forever to get words down on paper. My essay had some complex sentence structure and advanced vocabulary...however, I'm not sure if the point got across. I even made some parallel between the Good Samaritan parable and the Eightfold Path (Buddhism); here's hoping that that's actually a valid point. I'm not entirely sure whether the Eightfold Path has anything to do with how to treat other people, let alone whether it belongs to Buddhism or even if it is eight-(not ten-, seven- or pi-)fold. Hopefully my essay grader isn't Buddhist.

Now I am off to this store, to get all crafty. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I am disproportionately intrigued by the possibility of a pifold path.

I'm a freak!