23 December 2006

Guess who's on vacation!

Pick me, pick me!! Not having to work is fantastic...funny, but I feel like I've been more productive not going to work than I do when I go to work. (does that make any sense?) So far, I've got a haircut, gone to the grocery store and the bank, picked up Christmas presents, done my laundry, cleaned the kitchen, and gone for a walk. And I've gotten 10 hours of sleep for two nights in a row. Being in a good mood and not exhausted is a nice change.

While trolling the Internet (because I have time to do that!), I've found this highly amusing site for those of you who have spent extended periods of time in Germany: the Germany Survival Bible! Hilarious, and everything they say is so true! One of my favorite sections is the one about German medicine; how they are averse to anything non-homeopathic, including vaccinations, and how they firmly believe that wearing a scarf cures any illness. Even if you haven't been to Germany, you should read it...those Germans are strange.

Only one more day till I fly home for two weeks! Yippee!

Stay tuned for possibly another post today, or at least before I fly home. Since I'm on vacation and now have time for that sort of thing.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

We love the survival bible. At some point this summer my whole staff was gathered around my computer bellowing with laughter. It's all so TRUE, man. SO very, very true.

What's the latest on Oxford?