31 August 2007

The Great Minnesota Get-Together

Things I Saw At The State Fair:
  • Newborn lambs, calves, chicks, and piglets.

  • MN's largest boar: 1200 pounds! It could probably have eaten me if it had wanted to.

  • Food on a stick: corn dogs, roasted corn, 'hotdish', pork chops, pizza, caramel apples. Yes, each of these was on a stick.

  • Rides, carnival games and crappy prizes.

  • Demonstration on how to milk a cow.

  • All sorts of random vendors.

  • MN's best jarred vegetables, pies, etc.

  • A giant slide!

  • Cowboy hats.

  • More leather accessories than you have ever seen.

  • A barbecue grill shaped like a pig.

  • Miniature horses that only come up to your thigh.

  • A sculptor carving one of the fair's princesses in a block of butter.

I honestly don't see the appeal. I mean, it was mildly amusing, but 3 hours was enough and I definitely couldn't come every day. Cross one more thing off the list of things to see!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh jeez there Bill... Hotdish on a stick... now isn't that just the bee's knees, don't yah know.

mus

PS- That horse sounds delicious