I've decided to give NaBloPoMo a shot, since I'm online every day and interesting stuff happens to me every day. Er... at least the first part's true. I haven't officially signed up or anything, though, so we'll see how it goes. Whether or not these posts will degenerate into incoherent and hysterical rambling is anyone's guess. (oh wait! they generally are already!)
So today's news is that I've got a violin! I'd talked to a couple of different orchestras and the university Ceilidh Band at the beginning of term about how I had to leave my violin at home, but no one had a lead on how I could borrow one. Apparently no one rents/loans musical instruments here. Finally on Wednesday, someone from Ceilidh Band emailed me to say that she found someone who'd lend me their violin until Christmas! Woo! It's a piece of crap, practically plastic violin, but it's better than nothing. Here's the analogy (I've been working on this): It's been like I've left one of my arms at home, and now I have this temporary, really cheap plastic prosthetic arm. Which looks like an arm but is not very functional. With a hook for a hand.
I guess I can't complain, since it's way better than nothing. And the guy from whom I'm borrowing it got it for 60 pounds at Costco. But still, the ability to play with dynamics or hear the vibrato that I'm using would be nice. < /music geek rant>
So there's Day One of NaBloPoMo. Bets now being taken on how many days this will actually last.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment