So I applied for (yet another) job in the Boston area yesterday and heard back from the HR guy this afternoon. He said they weren't hiring for positions in that department, but they will be soon. Not the greatest news, but more hopeful than a lot of messages I've gotten.
And THEN he writes, "By the way, I went to [another high school in my district], just FYI."
How crazy! What a small world... So I wrote back, conveyed my amusement and the fact that my orchestra used to rehearse at his school, and he replied again(!).
So now I've got a connection with an HR person at this place where I'd like to work. That's more progress than I've made in the past two months! And all because of where I went to high school...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
It's a small world, after all!
HAHAHA Now is it stuck in your head?!? I am so evil!
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn. Maybe I should've read the title of your post instead of just the content. So much for that evil. Maybe Dr. Evil, in the fact that I am stupid. *sigh* Better luck next time, Heto!
Crap. I had missed the title entirely until I got to the comments. Poo on you, Heto dear.
Post a Comment