20 February 2006

Thank you, George and Abe

...for giving us this long weekend. Without the two of you, February would be a long, cold month. Oh yeah, and thanks also for helping win the Revolutionary War and signing the Emancipation Proclamation.

In honor of President's (or Presidents'?) Day: Name Your Favorite President! Come on, you know you have one. I'll go first: Woodrow Wilson. Brilliant man, had the idea for the UN before anyone else did, got the country through WWI, and alliterative name. Rock on, Woody.

And happy birthday, Hetta! You now have the same age as the title of a television show! Have a great day and eat lots of cake. (by the way, that dinner invitation didn't work out...because I should have called 15 minutes earlier!)

Not a whole lot more to say, except that it's back to school tomorrow. Without another break until March...right before parent-teacher conferences. So I am going to continue slacking off today for as long as humanly possible until I really have to write some lesson plans. Join me in becoming one with the slack.

4 comments:

Heto said...

I did eat lots of cake, thanks! All in all, it was a decent day. Of course, a Coldplay concert (last night = AWESOME!!!!!!1!!) and a steak dinner (to be eaten tomorrow = mmmmmmmmmmmm) make the birthday week amazing :)

And next time, when you are struck with the inspiration to call, don't wait the 15 minutes; do it right then!

To answer your question: my favorite president is Josiah Bartlet. You don't remember him? Well he's done lots of very excellent things, including arranging a Chinese summit about North Korean nuclear weapons while he was stricken with a serious episode of his MS. He's doing well, though, and he's wrapping up his presidency as we speak. Just a couple of months now til he's out of office :(

Anonymous said...

Ok, you may have a mild affection for our good friend Woodrow, but did you name your instrument after him? Yeah, I didn't think so.

But for the sake of being different, I'll say my favorite president was Millard Fillmore. And by Millard Fillmore, I mean Chuck Norris. And by president, I mean kicker of babies.


mus

Bridget said...

Heto: I called as soon as I got off the phone with you! How was I supposed to know to cut the conversation 15 minutes shorter? *shakes fist at Fate*

Looking forward to hearing all about the Coldplay concert! =)

Anonymous said...

gotta admit: Barlett is fucking radical (and i intend that as a pun) in today's political world, and i totally wish he was a real person so he could be my favorite president.

except he's not. so here goes . . . i love me some roosevelts. franklin, teddy, don't care, bring em on. or, if they're in short order, give me a jefferson, adams, or lincoln. what can i say, i'm a sucker for the grandiose. and i'm awfully unoriginal, but they made milestones in our history and gave it a little character as well. not like staid, probably misunderstood, wilson

--jamie