01 April 2007

[witty title here]

Guess who's on spring break! It doesn't feel a whole lot like spring break yet, since it's just a normal weekend and it's gray and rainy outside... However! In two short days, I'll be in DC, enjoying real spring weather and going out to dinner! It's actually rather funny how much I'm looking to going out to eat; I was thinking about this today and I've been out to eat twice in the past three months. At some point, making your own food (particularly if it consists of pasta and Lean Cuisine) gets very old. Also, I'm too cheap to have pizza or Chinese delivered, so that's that. Anyway, I'll be hanging out in DC with my uncle, to whom money is almost no object, and who loves good food. There will be some good times.

While I'm in DC, apart from fighting my way through groups of eighth-graders on their school trips, I'm also hooking up with Jamie, who seriously lives an exact copy of my life except has more fun, and Carolyn, whom I haven't seen since our shopping trip on Ku'damm in Berlin. I cannot WAIT. It will be fantastic. These are just about the two most fun people I know, and their sense of humor complements mine so well. It'll be great to be reminded that I do have friends out there, not just acquaintances.

In other news, I did my taxes today. Nothing like not getting as much back from the guvmint as you thought you might. And honestly, my taxes are not incredibly difficult but they take me forever. I was working on them for four hours today: See Instructions page 53, Complete Schedule A unless you have nine toes, in which case complete Worksheet K, etc., etc... Shoot me in the face. MN's tax forms are the most ridiculously complicated I have seen in my life. At least they're done, and I will be getting back a grand total of $600 to put into the Cambridge Fund (i.e., my savings account).

Speaking of Cambridge, I'm still searching for funding. Part of me just wants to apply for a loan and be done with it. Part of me still thinks I'm crazy for wanting to go another $35000 into debt. None of me really wants to be working at the school again next year.

Other than that, my life is boring, really. This is why I don't update very often.

No comments: