30 November 2009

Day 30

For my last day of NaBloPoMo, I was hoping to post a video of Rocky Balboa running up the steps in Philly or some other sports-related, underdogs-overcome-incalculable-odds-to-win montage. However, it seems that YouTube is filled with videos of people doing their own Rocky runs, rather than the actual film clip. Instead, just try to hear the music in your head. (ba ba baaaaaaaaaa, ba ba baaaaaaaaaa) You're welcome. (Incidentally, I have a video of the changing of the guard at Buckingham Palace, where the band plays the 'Rocky' theme in front of the palace. It's pretty awesome.)

So, it's Cyber Monday. I was sort of looking forward to doing some shopping, but I'd forgotten that I like to shop online for particular items instead of just browsing. Looking around, comparing prices, and debating the relative values of stuff that I can't actually see is just tedious to me. And of course the items that I'm looking for don't seem to be marked down much, if at all. I'm sure that other people will find some amazing deals, and I'll be rather envious, but it's sort of like venturing out to the malls on Black Friday; sounds like a great idea in theory, you could really luck out, but it's actually way more effort than it's worth. Of course, if you happen to find something and would like to share, I will be dutifully impressed!

Also, NaBloPoMo is over, yippee! I think this is the first time I've successfully completed it. Please join me in patting myself on the back. I am taking tomorrow (and probably a few more successive days) off.

No comments: