It's here! Now that idleness has practically driven this blog into the ground, NaBloPoMo is here to resurrect it. I'm going to give this blogging-every-day-for-a-month thing another shot, after last year's abject failure, but we'll see how it goes.
So. The main reason I haven't been updating is that nothing's really changed. When you're jobless and living with your parents in an area that you don't really like, there's not a whole lot to report. I did take a trip to London a few months back and plan on posting some photos soon, so watch for those. Also, being unemployed has given me hours upon hours of internet time, so I'll try to scrounge up interesting videos and links and so forth. We all need something internettily amusing to counterbalance those lame email forwards that your one friend insists on sending you, even though you're not 15 anymore and don't believe that forwarding them on to your closest 25 friends will bring you good luck.
Anyway, one exciting happening in my life is that I went to an Irish music session yesterday. I've been searching for these for a while now, and the ones that I've found have been cancelled due to lack of participation or conflicting football games (or perhaps a combination of the two). So I went downtown yesterday to hang out and listen, and remembered how much fun these are! Very laid-back, welcoming, and great music to boot. This week, I'll be warming those fiddling fingers again (they're in pretty bad shape at the moment) and next time, I'll bring my violin down and will hopefully feel brave enough to participate.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yay! You are blogging again! I can't wait to see pictures from/hear all about your London trip!
Post a Comment